Career Opportunities IKEA
Being one of the commercial success stories of recent years, IKEA is a world-leading name in home furnishing by building our reputation on supplying inspirational designed products at affordable prices.? In doing business IKEA put big concern in quality, social and environmental issues.
To ensure the implementation of IKEA code of conduct (IWAY), our trading office in Jakarta is looking for a Social and Environmental Specialist with an assignment to train and audit our suppliers in the region.
Further information about the position is:
- Plan and perform IKEA Code of Conduct (IWAY) audits
- Perform initial IKEA Code of Conduct (IWAY) assessments for potential new suppliers, as a support and upon request from Purchasing/Business Teams.
- Provide trainings for IKEA Business team and supplier management and staff.
- Education background in chemical, environmental science are preferable
- Ability to audit and analyze suppliers’ working methods in working conditions and environmental performance
- Deep understanding of the local legislation for different processes and operations with regard to environmental, health and safety, and labor laws
- Able to work with and understand purchasing/business teams and suppliers? daily operational
- A good communicator both verbal and written
- Training skills
- A field operator with the ability to organize, set responsibilities and work unsupervised
- Honest and with high integrity
- Having experience in the same field will be an advantage
- Understanding and belief in the values of the IKEA Code of Conduct
Should you meet the above requirements and interest to apply the position, please submit your application together with CV, picture and other supporting documents before 7 May 2009 to firstname.lastname@example.org