Application for the June 2009 intake is now open. Applicants with good bachelor degrees in engineering or science are invited to apply for admission to the NEWRI Environmental Master of Science (NEMS) programme. It is conducted by Nanyang Technological University’s School of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) in collaboration with Stanford University.
- The Master’s programme is a 12-month full-time course. Students commence the course by attending a full Summer term in June at Stanford University taking regular courses. They return to NTU at end of August for another 2 semesters to take further coursework and a project at NEWRI (www.ntu.edu.sg/NEWRI), a premier research establishment at NTU which is making Singapore a global hub of environmental science and technology. NEWRI pulls together NTU’s water and environment-related institutes under one body and provides excellent research opportunities for students enrolled in the NEMS programme.
- Full or partial scholarships are available to applicants with good honours degree from any nationality.
- Applicants should have taken the GRE (General Test) and TOEFL.
- Applicants are required to undergo an interview by a faculty representative. There is no fee charged for submitting the application.
- The deadline to submit the full application forms and supporting documents to the NEMS Programme office is 19 January 2009.
Interested applicants should download the full application forms from the website and mail/courier the completed forms and supporting documents to the NEMS Programme office by the deadline to be eligible for an interview appointment. Interview shall be scheduled in the major cities overseas end of January or early February. Interested applicants are advised to send in their applications early so as not to miss the interview schedule. For enquiry, please email to: email@example.com.
Further information and the full application forms can be obtained from the website: www.ntu.edu.sg/cee/nems.